Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sweets for my Sweetie!

Everyone knows once you have a baby everything else takes 2nd priority...including your husband.  I try to make sure I show my husband how much I appreciate him and love him daily. 

When Jamie and I were dating I used to bake for him all the time.  I haven't done that for him in a LONG time.  Little "I love you" gestures are important in a marriage.  I hope and pray that I never take my husband for granted and that he knows I love him and appreciate everything he does for our family. 

SO all that being said...this is what I made for Jamie this morning.  YUM!

Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I used almond since I was out of vanilla)
1 cup all-purpose flour
18 Oreo Cookies (chopped)
1/2 cup M&M's

Servings: 12
Calories: 283

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
 
Line 8x8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray
 
Melt butter 
 
Whisk in egg

 
Add vanilla extract
 
And brown sugar
 
Whisk all together
 
Add flour, gradually
 
Chop Oreos (I over chopped mine and should have just used a knife)

 
Stir Oreos into batter and pour into your pan.  Top with M&M's
 
Bake for 20 minutes or until knife comes out clean AND enjoy!
 
***I totally ate one for breakfast BUT I did track it on MyFitnessPal ;)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment