Monday, April 7, 2014

New recipe and counting calories...

As most of the people that read this know...I actually lost weight and didn't gain any during my pregnancy.  One week postpartum I ended up weighing almost 50 pounds less than I did the day I found out I was pregnant.  CRAZINESS!  Let's just say the past few years I haven't been the healthiest and survived on campus food and vending machines every day.  After I graduated last May and found out I was pregnant I knew I had to change the way I ate.  I didn't "diet"...but rather cut out soda almost entirely, cut out fast food, and walked with my friend Anna Grace that was also pregnant. 

I want to continue with this healthier lifestyle and getting to a healthy weight.  I've decided to track my calories so I can be a little more organized and smart on losing weight.  It's really not about the number or size BUT being healthy and setting a good example for my son.

SO if you want to follow me on MyFitnessPal my username is MrsArnold609.  I just finished my 1st day of logging my food.  It really wasn't that bad.  With cooking so much and creating recipes I was worried it was going to be time consuming but the app has a recipe maker which made it really simple.
 
Todays food included: turkey sausage and fruit, chicken salad, and beef lo mein.
 
Beef Lo Mein
 
Ingredients:
8 ounces thin spaghetti
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cups hot boiled water
1 tablespoon beef better than bullion
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 pound beef
2 large carrots
2 cups broccoli
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
 
 
 
Cook spaghetti per box instructions.  Into cooked spaghetti add sesame oil and stir to combine.  Into hot, boiled water add better than bullion and brown sugar; stir to dissolve.  Into the mixture, add soy sauce and set aside.  Using a hot skillet, brown both sides of the beef.  Let beef cool and slice it into two inch pieces.  Add sliced beef into the same skillet, fry until completely cooked.  Into the cooked beef, add sauce mixture, cook all together for about a minute, set aside.  Dice carrots, broccoli and onion into two inch pieces.  Using the skillet, where you've cooked beef, sauté onions until golden brown.  Remove from the heat.  In a separate oiled skillet, sauté carrots until softened, add broccoli and cook for about three minutes.  Press garlic into the same mixture and remove from the heat.  In a large dish, combine spaghetti, vegetables and beef, together.  Toss to combine, serve hot.
 
Servings: 8
Calories: 833
 
***This recipe is not one of my own.  Found on pinterest!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing girl! I have about 50 to loose! Yikes! Excited to follow along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete