Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Tonight I made another pinterest recipe! What did I do before pinterest?

This recipe is super simple and I used ingredients that were left over from other meals. I always have grilled cooked chicken in my fridge ready to go. I like to get my George Forman grill out on Sunday’s and cook a whole bag of frozen chicken breast…this way I can use it for recipes, salads, or a quick lunch for Jamie.

Also, I always have dry ranch dressing seasoning mix on hand. I use it 9 times out of 10 for roasted potatoes. AND it goes without saying most people have milk, cheese, butter, flour, and pasta on hand.

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Ingredients:
8 ounces penne pasta
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup cooked, chopped bacon (I used bacon pieces for a shortcut)
2 cups cooked chopped chicken

Servings: 4
Calories: 571
 

First thing I do is lay out all my ingredients so I can have them at the ready.


Next, you will boil your water for the pasta.


 
Add pasta once it starts to boil.
 
 
Once your pasta is cooked you will drain it and set aside.
 
 
In the same pot melt your butter.
 
 
Then whisk in flour (stir for about a minute).
 
 
Now add your milk and stir till it thickens (3-5 minutes).
 
 
Once the sauce has thickened you're ready to add your cheese and dry ranch mix.  Stir till cheese is melted.
 
 
Lastly, add your bacon, pasta, and chicken.  Stir to combine.
 

 
VOILA!!!! You're done.  You could pair this with bread or salad...or BOTH!!! :)
 
 
Jamie really liked this dish and so did I since it was so simple and quick to make! Enjoy!!!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment