Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Green Smoothie

Baby Arnold Update:
Went to the doctor today and not much has changed.  He said he "wouldn't be surprised if it was today" but to "not shoot him if it was next week"...so that is where we are at.  I'm dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced.  So we are getting closer.  Praying for encouragement and strength to not let the aches and pains steal my joy.  Thankful to be healthy!!!
 
 

Green Smoothie

Ingredients
8 oz. water
1/2 lemon (peeling and all)
1/2 banana
4 cups of baby spinach
1-2 cups of frozen fruit
1 Tbsp. flax oil (optional)
1-2 Tbsp. Stevia (optional)
 
I start out by blending my water, lemon, banana, stevia, and flax oil.  I then add the spinach and blend till smooth.  Lastly, add your frozen fruit (I prefer strawberries and mango's). 
 
This is a simple meal that fills you up and you get loads of calcium and other vitamins.  By just replacing one meal a day with this you're getting all your daily servings of fruits and vegetables AND it's under 150 calories.  Most importantly...IT TASTES GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment