Thursday, April 28, 2016

Zucchini Boats

I've discovered a new favorite this past week (thank you Pinterest)!!!  I've been in such a food rut lately and I'm thankful I came across these. This recipe is great because you can do so many variations and it's super healthy and can fit almost anyones dietary needs. They are gluten-free, low-carb, and you can even make them vegan if that's your preference. Plus, they are super cheap!!!

I made lentil zucchini boats last week and yesterday we tried taco zucchini boats. I've seen so many variations on pinterest from lasagna to buffalo chicken. Either way, they are super simple and fast to make.

Here is a step by step collage of how I made the Taco Zucchini boats. I used 1lb. ground turkey, 3 large zucchinis, taco cheese, and seasonings. You can make it simiplier if you buy a taco seasoning packet but to cut back on the sodium I make my own using the seasonings above. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes covered with foil. Easy as that!!!

In other news...

We're officially survivors of the awful HFMD. I've heard of this when I babysat years ago in college and prayed James would never have it. Unfortunately, even when your children are not in daycare they still catch things. We are not sure how he picked it up but are assuming he must have picked it up last Tuesday night at his Spring MDO musical. It has a incubation period of 2-3 days. He came down with a fever Thursday morning and we did not go anywhere else last week. He had a pretty severe case (104 fevers, wouldn't eat for days, blisters covering his whole body). Thankfully, he's back to normal except his skin is still healing. The pediatrician advised us to keep him home and away from other children until his skin is completely healed and rash free. He still can spread the disease up to a month so we are taking all precautions not to spread it further. Hopefully, we will make it to church Sunday and he can see his friends next week!


We've enjoyed lots of crafting, coloring, and painting! 
AND way too much T.V. (no judging)....

No comments:

Post a Comment