Friday, April 29, 2016

Fixer Upper

The title may seem a little misleading considering we bought a NEW house last June BUT let me explain... 

The first thing I noticed when we bought our white bare bones new construction house is that it lacked serious character. Imagine builders grade everything. I have really worked hard to incorporate warmth and personality. 

Just adding paint to our white walls has made a huge impact!  I knew I wanted to incorporate crown molding throughout our main floor as well and that made a huge impact. We also plan to replace the vinyl flooring and carpet on the main floor to all wood/ceramic, upgrade the lighting fixtures, and add more landscaping. 

While we save for the big upgrades I've been trying to finish one room at a time (paint, decor, furniture). So far we have James room done, upstairs guest bathroom, and our master bathroom finished...






This weekend I am painting our master bedroom and hope to get started on furniture projects for that room as well. I am going to upcycle this dresser using Annie Sloan Chalk paint and hope to share how it turns out (if it doesn't turn out as a flop)...

No comments:

Post a Comment