Monday, February 23, 2015

Our Weekend

We had another low key weekend here in Cape.  We received a couple inches of ice Friday night/Saturday morning so we stayed in until Sunday.  When is spring again!? :)


Me and my boy Sunday morning before church. My good friend Anna Grace sent James the cutest penguin overalls for his birthday.  We got lots of compliments on them.  


We've been working hard learning how to hold and use our utensils.  He's got the fork down pretty good but the spoon is another story.  I just go in knowing he's going to have more on his clothes than in his tummy.  I swear I spend 75% of my day in the kitchen (prepping, cooking, and cleaning).  

I've been trying to make some semi healthy meals for my picky eater.  He LOVES hot dogs (what kid doesn't?) but I do buy him the all beef fat free hot dogs by Hebrew National.  I decided to make some mini corn dogs that would be baby and Weight Watcher friendly for mommy.  I swapped eggs with egg whites, yogurt for oil, and milk for almond milk since James can't do regular milk.  Here's the recipe...


Ingredients:
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 hot dogs (cut each into 6 equal pieces)
1 egg white
1/3 cup almond milk
2 Tbsp. plain yogurt

Directions:
Mix all your dry ingredients. Then, add in your wet ingredients.  Use a cookie scoop and scoop into 24 mini muffin cups.  Lastly, insert hot dogs.  Bake at 400 for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Servings: 24 mini corn dogs 
WW Points Plus: 1

These were a hit with my little boy! I feel better giving him these rather than frozen store bought alternatives.  Plus, this was a great recipe for me and staying on track with my points.  

I am surprised how well it has been to stay on track using Weight Watchers.  I don't feel deprived of anything because you can basically have anything but within moderation.  This Sunday will mark 4 weeks since I've started and I have lost ALMOST 20 pounds.  I am really trying hard to stay on track and workout this week to hit that 20 pound goal for the month.  


2 comments:

  1. I miss you on IG! I just started WW!!! Excited to put these on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe I know...I miss seeing pictures on IG!!! It seems like everyone is on WW right now. I am loving it!!!

      Delete