Friday, May 6, 2016

The past few days...

This week has flown by and I'm so glad the weekend is here!!!


I made a few hand embroidered tea towels for some Mother's Day gifts and they turned out so cute. I love when you can make things by hand. They are so much more special and meaningful. 


I must be in a crafting mood because I dug out my sewing machine this week also. I have been seeing jelly roll race tutorials and really wanted to try it out. This has to be the EASIEST and fastest quilt you can do. Most can finish in 45-60 minutes. I had to change out my thread and had a jam with my machine that caused it to take a few hours. Overall, I would do another one! This would be a great quilt for beginners (which I still consider myself as).


I bought this jelly roll years ago but the fabric is so much fun and vibrant.


You can probably see my oops in the pattern above. Be sure to keep your strips in order and not let one fall off the table ha! I didn't realize until I was done and just decided to add it in. It really screwed up the mix and match pattern with patterns being side by side. Oh well! :)

Here is a step by step tutorial if you want to try it out!


Yesterday I made dinner for some sweet friends who just had a precious baby girl. I made Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes, buttermilk biscuits, green beans, AND a triple chocolate bundt cake with ganache icing. WOW was that cake pretty! This is my 3rd recipe but 2nd dessert to try of Amy Hannon's. Y'all I just love everything about her! If you want to try this recipe out check it out here.

This week has brought BEAUTIFUL weather. It's that time of year where there's no humidity but it's still very warm. We've played outside most of the week and have grilled almost every night. 


I think we own about every toy made for a boy of the age of 2! Ha! I love watching Jamie teach James new things. It's too precious! :)


It can be very hard in some ways to maintain a healthy diet while grilling. When I think of grilling I think of hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, and BBQ. Fine in moderation but not the best options when you're trying to lose weight. :)

Healthier options could be chicken, seafood, or any lean beef/pork/turkey. Lots of veggies. Try not to add lots of salt or oils. We chose the Weber marinade above since you only need to add lemon juice. It was so good and I will definitely be buying more!


We paired grilled chicken with mini sweet peppers this week!

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment